FWS Critical Habitat for Threatened & Endangered Species
Welcome to the US Fish & Wildlife Service's
online service for information regarding Threatened and Endangered Species final
Critical Habitat designation across the United States.
Visit the online mapper
- You can download Critical Habitat data in shapefile format in the following packages:
- Zip file containing seamless composite layer and metadata for all species
- Zip file containing all individual shapefiles and metadata for submitted species
What is available from this portal?
- View a list of species with published critical habitat from the Critical Habitat Data folder.
From the species lists you may access:
- Critical habitat spatial data
- Critical habitat metadata
- Federal Register Documents
- FWS species profile information
Why can I not access all critical habitat data via this portal?
Not all of the critical habitat data designated by the Fish & Wildlife Service
is available from this portal. If you require critical habitat spatial data
not available here, please contact the lead FWS Region for that species.