Listings and occurrences for MontanaNotes:
- This report shows the listed species associated in some way with this state.
- This list does not include experimental populations and similarity of appearance listings.
- This list includes non-nesting sea turtles and whales in State/Territory coastal waters.
- This list includes species or populations under the sole jurisdiction of the National Marine Fisheries Service.
- Click on the highlighted scientific names below to view a Species Profile for each listing.
Summary of Animals listings
|T||Bear, grizzly lower 48 States, except where listed as an experimental population or delisted (Ursus arctos horribilis)|
|E||Crane, whooping except where EXPN (Grus americana)|
|E||Ferret, black-footed entire population, except where EXPN (Mustela nigripes)|
|T||Lynx, Canada (Contiguous U.S. DPS) (Lynx canadensis)|
|T||Plover, piping except Great Lakes watershed (Charadrius melodus)|
|E||Sturgeon, pallid Entire (Scaphirhynchus albus)|
|E||Sturgeon, white U.S.A. (ID, MT), Canada (B.C.), Kootenai R. system (Acipenser transmontanus)|
|E||Tern, least interior pop. (Sterna antillarum)|
|T||Trout, bull U.S.A., conterminous, lower 48 states (Salvelinus confluentus)|
|E||Wolf, gray U.S.A.: All of AL, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MO, MS, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, VA, VT and WV; those portions of AZ, NM, and TX not included in an experimental population; and portions of IA, IN, IL, ND, OH, OR, SD, UT, and WA. Mexico. (Canis lupus)|
Summary of Plant listings
|T||Catchfly, Spalding's (Silene spaldingii)|
|T||Howellia, water (Howellia aquatilis)|
|T||Ladies'-tresses, Ute (Spiranthes diluvialis)|
Last updated: June 18, 2013