Listed species believed to or known to occur in IowaNotes:
- As of 02/13/2015 the data in this report has been updated to use a different set of information. Results are based on where the species is believed to or known to occur. The FWS feels utilizing this data set is a better representation of species occurrence. Note: there may be other federally listed species that are not currently known or expected to occur in this state but are covered by the ESA wherever they are found; Thus if new surveys detected them in this state they are still covered by the ESA. The FWS is using the best information available on this date to generate this list.
- This report shows listed species or populations believed to or known to occur in Iowa
- This list does not include experimental populations and similarity of appearance listings.
- This list includes species or populations under the sole jurisdiction of the National Marine Fisheries Service.
- Click on the highlighted scientific names below to view a Species Profile for each listing.
Listed species -- 19 listings
Animals -- 14 listings
|E||Bat, Indiana Wherever found (Myotis sodalis)|
|T||Bat, Northern long-eared Wherever found (Myotis septentrionalis)|
|E||Bumble bee, Rusty patched Wherever found (Bombus affinis)|
|E||Higgins eye (pearlymussel) Wherever found (Lampsilis higginsii)|
|T||Massasauga (=rattlesnake), eastern Wherever found (Sistrurus catenatus)|
|E||Mussel, sheepnose Wherever found (Plethobasus cyphyus)|
|T||Plover, piping [Atlantic Coast and Northern Great Plains populations] - Wherever found, except those areas where listed as endangered. (Charadrius melodus)|
|E||Shiner, Topeka Wherever found, except where listed as an experimental population (Notropis topeka (=tristis))|
|T||Skipper, Dakota Wherever found (Hesperia dacotae)|
|E||skipperling, Poweshiek Wherever found (Oarisma poweshiek)|
|E||Snail, Iowa Pleistocene Wherever found (Discus macclintocki)|
|E||Spectaclecase (mussel) Wherever found (Cumberlandia monodonta)|
|E||Sturgeon, pallid Wherever found (Scaphirhynchus albus)|
|E||Tern, least interior pop. (Sterna antillarum)|
Plants -- 5 listings
|T||Bush-clover, prairie (Lespedeza leptostachya)|
|T||Milkweed, Mead's (Asclepias meadii)|
|T||Monkshood, northern wild (Aconitum noveboracense)|
|T||Orchid, eastern prairie fringed (Platanthera leucophaea)|
|T||Orchid, western prairie fringed (Platanthera praeclara)|