Listed species believed to or known to occur in KansasNotes:
- As of 02/13/2015 the data in this report has been updated to use a different set of information. Results are based on where the species is believed to or known to occur. The FWS feels utilizing this data set is a better representation of species occurrence. Note: there may be other federally listed species that are not currently known or expected to occur in this state but are covered by the ESA wherever they are found; Thus if new surveys detected them in this state they are still covered by the ESA. The FWS is using the best information available on this date to generate this list.
- This report shows listed species or populations believed to or known to occur in Kansas
- This list does not include experimental populations and similarity of appearance listings.
- This list includes species or populations under the sole jurisdiction of the National Marine Fisheries Service.
- Click on the highlighted scientific names below to view a Species Profile for each listing.
Listed species -- 17 listings
Animals -- 15 listings
|E||Bat, gray Wherever found (Myotis grisescens)|
|T||Bat, Northern long-eared Wherever found (Myotis septentrionalis)|
|E||Beetle, American burying Wherever found, except where listed as an experimental population (Nicrophorus americanus)|
|E||Crane, whooping Wherever found, except where listed as an experimental population (Grus americana)|
|E||Ferret, black-footed Wherever found, except where listed as an experimental population (Mustela nigripes)|
|T||Knot, red Wherever found (Calidris canutus rufa)|
|T||Madtom, Neosho Wherever found (Noturus placidus)|
|E||Mucket, Neosho Wherever found (Lampsilis rafinesqueana)|
|T||Plover, piping [Atlantic Coast and Northern Great Plains populations] - Wherever found, except those areas where listed as endangered. (Charadrius melodus)|
|T||Rabbitsfoot Wherever found (Quadrula cylindrica cylindrica)|
|T||Shiner, Arkansas River Arkansas River Basin (AR, KS, NM, OK, TX) (Notropis girardi)|
|E||Shiner, Topeka Wherever found, except where listed as an experimental population (Notropis topeka (=tristis))|
|E||Spectaclecase (mussel) Wherever found (Cumberlandia monodonta)|
|E||Sturgeon, pallid Wherever found (Scaphirhynchus albus)|
|E||Tern, least interior pop. (Sterna antillarum)|
Plants -- 2 listings
|T||Milkweed, Mead's (Asclepias meadii)|
|T||Orchid, western prairie fringed (Platanthera praeclara)|