Listed species believed to or known to occur in MassachusettsNotes:
- As of 02/13/2015 the data in this report has been updated to use a different set of information. Results are based on where the species is believed to or known to occur. The FWS feels utilizing this data set is a better representation of species occurrence. Note: there may be other federally listed species that are not currently known or expected to occur in this state but are covered by the ESA wherever they are found; Thus if new surveys detected them in this state they are still covered by the ESA. The FWS is using the best information available on this date to generate this list.
- This report shows listed species or populations believed to or known to occur in Massachusetts
- This list does not include experimental populations and similarity of appearance listings.
- This list includes species or populations under the sole jurisdiction of the National Marine Fisheries Service.
- Click on the highlighted scientific names below to view a Species Profile for each listing.
Listed species -- 15 listings
Animals -- 12 listings
|T||Bat, Northern long-eared Wherever found (Myotis septentrionalis)|
|E||Beetle, American burying Wherever found, except where listed as an experimental population (Nicrophorus americanus)|
|E||Bumble bee, Rusty patched Wherever found (Bombus affinis)|
|T||Knot, red Wherever found (Calidris canutus rufa)|
|E||Sea turtle, hawksbill Wherever found (Eretmochelys imbricata)|
|E||Sea turtle, leatherback Wherever found (Dermochelys coriacea)|
|E||Tern, roseate northeast U.S. nesting pop. (Sterna dougallii dougallii)|
|T||Tiger beetle, Northeastern beach Wherever found (Cicindela dorsalis dorsalis)|
|T||Tiger beetle, Puritan Wherever found (Cicindela puritana)|
|T||turtle, bog Wherever found, except GA, NC, SC, TN, VA (Clemmys muhlenbergii)|
|E||Turtle, Plymouth Redbelly Wherever found (Pseudemys rubriventris bangsi)|
|E||Wedgemussel, dwarf Wherever found (Alasmidonta heterodon)|
Plants -- 3 listings
|E||Bulrush, Northeastern (Scirpus ancistrochaetus)|
|E||Gerardia, sandplain (Agalinis acuta)|
|T||Pogonia, small whorled (Isotria medeoloides)|